In 2022, Scientific Reports published over 3500 Earth, Environment and Ecology papers and we are pleased to share with you 100 of the most downloaded articles* from last year.
Top 100 in Earth, Environment and Ecology
We had incredible research revealing:
- direct evidence of European eels migrating to the Sargasso Sea for breeding
- the origin and microstructure of the Venus from Willendorf
- that most floating plastics in the North Pacific are from only a few industrialised fishing nations
- the oceanic impact of a megatsunami in Mars
- the first record of an avian-style respiratory infection in a non-avian dinosaur
- a new sex-system emerging within a rodent species complex
and many other fascinating discoveries across all fields of Earth, Environmental and Ecology.
Congratulations to all authors who contributed to these highly valuable research papers!
*Data obtained from SN Insights, which is based on Digital Science's Dimensions.
Please sign in or register for FREE
If you are a registered user on Nature Portfolio Ecology & Evolution Community , please sign in